Lyft and Uber Abuse
Lyft and Uber, classified as ridesharing companies, use apps and websites to connect passengers with drivers who work for the company. Uber and Lyft have paved the way for convenient taxi-like services and help keep impaired drivers off the road, but riding in an Uber or Lyft comes with risks of sexual assault. Uber describes sexual assault as one of the “most pervasive yet under-reported crimes” in our society. Lawsuits against Uber and Lyft claim that the companies do not take adequate measures to protect their passengers.
If you have been abused during an Uber or Lyft ride, contact Counsel Hound today for a no-cost consultation and case evaluation.
LYFT/UBER Abuse Statistics
- Inadequate driver training:
- Uber’s driver training did not include a sexual assault and misconduct portion until 2020. Lyft did not require sexual violence prevention training until 2019.
- Lenient hiring procedures:
- Uber and Lyft’s background reports typically only look back 7 years.
- Lack of driver and rider transparency:
- Uber and Lyft did not share information on drivers accused of sexual assault until 2021.
- Medical expenses related to your treatment.
- If the assault caused you to miss work or suffer a wage decrease at a new position, we will prove your losses with timesheets.
Some damages cannot be proved with lost wages, property damages, etc. You may face emotional suffering as a result of the assault. Our lawyers will work to include all available compensation in your case.
Why File A Lawsuit ?
- Victims of sexual abuse focus on their treatment and healing.
- Victims afford the cost of their medical and therapy expenses.
- Hold drivers and ride-sharing companies accountable for their negligence.
- Encourage other victims of sexual abuse to seek fair compensation and justice.
Law is complicate matter. It can cause you a big problem if you ignore it. Let us help you!
Do You Need Legal Help?
Locating an attorney can be a difficult task, especially if you don't know any or have never needed one.
Let our attorneys help you find the right lawyer, in the right location, at the right time!