In 2018, there were over 30,000 fatal vehicle crashes in the U.S. An automobile accident can be a life-changing event, but you are not alone. Counsel Hound will connect you with the representation you deserve at no additional cost. If you have suffered an injury in a car accident, contact us for a no-cost consultation and case evaluation.
Common Car Accident Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Internal Injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Neck injuries and whiplash
Stages of a Car Accident Lawsuit
- Initial Investigation: If possible, take photos of the scene and write down the names and phone numbers of witnesses. No matter how minor the accident, always call 911. The police report may provide vital information for your case.
- Medical Treatment for Injuries: Receiving medical treatment is an important step in creating a case. Be honest with your doctor about the severity of your injuries so the doctor can provide you with the necessary treatment. Always continue the treatment the doctor has prescribed, or insurance may see the discontinuation of treatment to indicate you are healed. Document each doctor’s visit so we can include your medical costs in the settlement or award.
- File Claim with Insurance Company: Notify your auto insurance company of the accident. Your insurance company should take the necessary steps to reimburse you for damages. If the at-fault driver’s insurance company attempts to contact you for a statement or settlement, do not respond until after consulting with Counsel Hound. We are working with your best interest in mind, and you may be eligible for more than what the at-fault driver’s insurance company will initially offer.
- Counsel Hound Consultation: Fill out our contact form, and we will set up an initial meeting to discuss your options. We work with lawyers across the nation, and Counsel Hound will refer you to the best-suited lawyer for your case at no cost.
- Settlement Demand: After your medical treatment has been finalized, we will begin the settlement process to maximize your compensation for damages. This process may involve negotiations with the insurance company.
- Settlement or Lawsuit: Once a final offer has been reached with the insurance company, you will decide if you would like to settle or file a lawsuit. Your Counsel Hound lawyer will advise you on the benefits of settling or continuing a lawsuit for you to receive the compensation you deserve.
- Trial: If you decide to decline an offer for settlement, we will guide you through the discovery, mediation, and trial. During discovery, both parties will exchange information to build their case. After the discovery period, you may go through a mediation where a neutral third party helps to facilitate a discussion between both parties. This may provide a second chance to accept a settlement before the trial. If mediation does not resolve the lawsuit, we will move to trial and work to convince the judge and jury that the at-fault driver acted negligently, resulting in you suffering a loss.
Counsel Hound will connect you to the qualified representation you need to navigate this process successfully. Contact us today for a no-cost consultation and case evaluation.
Car accidents can leave you with physical, emotional, and financial hardships. Our Counsel Hound-approved lawyers will work to maximize your settlement or award. Types of compensation you may be eligible for include economic and non-economic damages.
- If your crash required surgery, physical therapy, prescription drugs, medical equipment, etc., we would work to have you reimbursed.
- If the accident forced you to miss work or suffer a wage decrease at a new position, we would prove your losses with timesheets.
- If your vehicle was totaled during the accident, we would include the cost of repairs in the losses sustained.
- If you lost a loved one in a car accident, we would work to recover funeral or burial costs.
Some damages cannot be proven with lost wages, property damages, etc. You may face emotional suffering as a result of the accident. Our lawyers will work to include all available compensation in your case.
Counsel Hound provides no-cost consultations and case evaluations
The most common types of car accidents are angle, head-on, and rear-end, and sideswipe collisions. There were almost 4 ½ million rear-end collisions in 2018 (45% of all crashes), accounting for 1 ½ million injuries.
The amount of time you have to file a claim depends on the statute of limitations in your state. Contact Counsel Hound to discuss your eligibility.
Unexpectedly losing a loved one is a traumatic experience. Counsel Hound lawyers are here to support you through this process. You may be eligible for a wrongful death claim and may be able to recover medical and funeral/burial expenses as well as compensation for emotional pain and suffering.
The police provide valuable resources before you even leave the scene. They will determine if any drivers were under the influence, driving a stolen vehicle, had a suspended/expired license, expired/no insurance, etc. The police report will be extremely useful for building a case against the at-fault driver and provide photos and witness. There is also no way for you to verify if the other driver has given you valid information (name, number, insurance).
If the at-fault driver’s insurance company attempts to contact you for a statement or settlement, do not respond until after your consultation with Counsel Hounds. We are working with your best interest in mind, and you may be eligible for more than what the insurance company of the at-fault driver will initially offer.